Controversial Nollywood actress, Daniella Okeke, whose name has been mentioned several times in the ongoing Apostle Suleman's sex scandal with Stephanie Otobo has finally reacted.
It has been alleged that Mr. Suleman acquired a N160 million duplex located in Mende Maryland, Lagos and a $76,000 brand-new Mercedes-Benz 450 GL for the curvaceous actress and that they had been neck deep in a relationship.
Writing on her Instagram page which has been made private since Stephanie named her in the ongoing scandal, Daniella says she has been talking to her lawyers and that they will respond on her behalf.
She wrote, "In adherence to my lawyer's counsel I have been mute since I read some funny fallacies. My lawyers will do the talking but for sure a lot of people will go down for getting my name involved in something I had no business with.so be careful about what you say or write about me my being mute is for legal reasons. Lies I have not spoken to anyone on the phone or made any comment on any social media platform to any media house or blogger. So, please stop all these fake lies and stories."
According to a report published by Sahara Reporters, popular Lagos-based fashion designer, Adebayo David Eweje aka David Wej, initially owned Daniella's house before it was sold.
Sahara Reporters reports that after buying the house, Mr. Suleman renovated it with N120 million before handing it over to the actress.
The actress showcased the property, which has two duplexes last year on Instagram. The property is located on Alabi Street, off Okey Okeke Drive in Arowojobe Estate in the Mende-Maryland area of Lagos.
When contacted, Eweje said he sold the duplex before 2013 but he has no idea to whom the house was sold.
With less than 30 films to her credit, Daniella has remained one of Nollywood's star actresses. With a high-end boutique, Dope Accessories, located in Lekki Lagos, a fleet of luxury cars and a jet-set lifestyle, she is one of Nollywood's most bankable actresses.
Also a producer, entrepreneur and the CEO of Dcovi Entertainment Company, she has a penchant for acquiring luxury items. In 2014 she bought a $5,700 Vertu Constellation phone.
She posted the photo of her cars parked inside her Lekki mansion in 2014 and wrote: "She never said she was the richest but she is far from broke."
She also bought a G-Wagon Benz and flaunted a Range Rover SUV in December 2015 to celebrate Christmas in style. Better known for her ostentatious display of wealth on Instagram than for her acting prowess, the hitherto outspoken actress has kept a low profile since the scandal broke out.
Daniella shot into prominence in 2013 for her role in Lagos Cougars.
Meanwhile, the man at the centre of the controversies, Apostle Suleman is currently in the United States on a 4-day ministration tagged Power Explosions. The program, which kicked off on Tuesday, will hold in D.C., Virginia, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Philadelphia.
His teeming church faithful and supporters on social media have shared photographs of his arrival in the U.S.
Mr. Suleman has since denied having a relationship with Miss Otobo.
According to a statement by his spokesman, Phrank Shaibu, the pastor denied ever meeting the woman in person, or making any marriage proposal to her. He also denied being involved in Ms. Otobo's reported arrest on March 3.
But, two letters published quoted Ms. Otobo's lawyer, Festus Keyamo, as saying that the Canada-based Nigerian started a relationship with Mr. Suleman in 2015 and became pregnant for him in 2016.
Meanwhile, barely a week after Miss Otobo claimed she was in a sexual relationship with the apostle, another lady has also said she was in a similar sexual relationship with the cleric.
The lady, who identified herself as Queen Esther, said she began a sexual relationship with Mr. Suleman (popularly known as Apostle Suleman) in 2013 before a "catastrophic break-up" a year later.
Ms. Esther told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Suleman's wife got to know about her affair with the cleric, a reason for her decision to end the relationship.
Ms. Esther turned down PREMIUM TIMES' request to produce her photograph - or her real identity - saying she wants to first seek the protection of the Kaduna State Government from Mr. Suleman and "his team of magicians.
Apostle Johnson Suleman (Prof), General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministry Worldwide has confessed that there are two things that he feared most in life.
He made this confession during one the church's International Ministers Conference with the theme 'Minister without Blemish' which was obtained in a video posted by CELEBRATION TV LIVE on youtube.
Apostle Johnson Suleman during the church service said that all that has been happening to him was a set up and that it was for his promotion
He went further to say that his marriage and reputation are two things he feared so much in his life.
[View the story "Two things I feared most in life, Apostle Johnson Suleman admits " on Storify]
Below are some of the things he said
'Even some unbelievers know that this is a set up ...
'The church will always win...
'For the burial and resurrection of Christ Friday was painful, Saturday was painful but Sunday ...
'Am not going to say anything until Sunday.
'Am sorry to say even some members of this our church were having double mind
Please mark those members if they are in any department remove them because those are demons. You see me overtime and somebody can tell you things.
'In the battle where you are innocent may you not die before the truth is real ... because even Jesus that was the greatest pain. He was already dead when they said he was the Son of God.
'It is for my promotion I will confess today.
'Two things I fear in my life and I hold them so much. I live for them. One is my marriage, two my reputation.
'Am very carful what I do, where I go because of these things. And these things they came after. There is nothing else...
'Thanks God for my wife. Thanks God for my wife.
As I speak to you I have not watched her video were she said what she said. I have not read it I refused to...
'Everything about this Mama I have not ...
'There are things I don't want to get into my mind .
'Somebody tells you he wants a child the next thing somebody gives you something to drink to remove the child. They could have planned it well. The story is not ... they could have look for a very good scriptwriter.
'My joy is I will be alive and see the reward of the wicked ...
'My offence is why are they killing Christians and the truth is this I ve just started talking
'Prepare more! Prepare more!! Prepare more!!!
'All is well no shaking
'If you want to follow the Grace of God in my life you must be a lion. It makes you big BIG.
'Yeye dey smell ...
'It is a good thing. It is a good thing. It is not our fight.
'It is not our fight.
'If you are a pastor understand we are not fighting a physical fight.
'The three fight of Joseph: One was from his brothers, two was from his reputation, his garment was with Potiphar's wife. How can you deny ?
'Three was from government Potiphar puts him in prison
'Every minister must go through these phase.
'The brethren will fight you, your reputation will be targeted ,the government come after you.
'I have passed through the three ...
'If can I come out of battle may you come out of battle ... '
The Facebook account of the second lady who claimed to have been in a sexual relationship with Suleman Johnson, the embattled overseer of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, has been deactivated for violating the medium's policies which included nudity, PREMIUM TIMES can report.
The lady, who identified herself as Queen Esther, said she began a relationship with Mr. Suleman (popularly known as Apostle Suleman) in 2013 before a "catastrophic break-up" a year later.
Ms. Esther's claims came two days after a Canada-based singer, Stephanie Otobo, told journalists of her alleged amorous affair with Mr. Suleman.
The preacher denies all the allegations.
On Sunday, he barred members of his congregation from further publicly commenting on the incident.
'It wasn't me'
After PREMIUM TIMES published Ms. Esther's claims on Sunday, the lady contacted this newspaper to query why it would report that she had no evidence against Mr. Suleman.
She requested that a follow-up story be published to reflect that she has evidence of their affair, a request that was turned down.
"I saw all that was written on the internet, although it is a true story, of which it's the reality of what is going on now in my life," Ms. Esther said on telephone on Monday.
"If my family were going about bringing out such stories, you should have at least waited before publishing it. Because this is going to attract all kinds of assault to me right now. And going to say that there's no evidence... .it's just too much."
A top official of the Kaduna State government had confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that it received an e-mail from Ms. Esther seeking its protection against Mr. Suleman and "his team of magicians."
Following a PREMIUM TIMES request to Ms. Esther to authenticate the e-mail to the Kaduna State government, an e-mail was received on Sunday stating that she did, indeed, wrote to the government seeking its protection.
But Ms. Esther told PREMIUM TIMES on Monday that she didn't send any of the e-mails.
"The email sent to you, it wasn't really me that wrote it, it's my cousin," she said.
"I want to ask you for a favour. I'm actually sick and all that began from the whole story you have heard. It's my cousin and my uncle that went about doing all that and it's just as the whole thing is out that I'm now told. And I want to take it up from here.
"It wasn't me that wrote to the Kaduna State government... I'm telling you honestly, this issue has been dragging since 2014, between me and my family and Apostle Suleman and his family since 2014. The reason why I think they were so frustrated to go to this extent, writing these things is because all their pleas to Apostle Suleman to release me from his bondage has fallen on deaf ears.
"It is evident that all that I'm suffering now started from the time he ... . and his threat messages are in my phone. He threatened that I will die... I don't know who he's talking bout that will die, but he actually sent all those threat messages to my phone.
"What did I do to Apostle Suleman? That I said I don't want to be in the church again.That being in the church is risky to me and besides whatever relationship that existed between him and I wasn't really... I didn't go into it out of... all because I had a problem and he took advantage of that.
"So what I'm trying to say is that whatever you have put out there, you have to go back and put that there is evidence to prove that he actually threatened me and from the day he threatened me, all these I'm suffering began."
PREMIUM TIMES requested Ms. Esther to produce any voice recording or text message from Mr. Suleman, but she insisted a story stating that she had evidence be published first.
"You need to do whatever you have to do to make anybody who's trying to criticise this story to understand that I'm the one involved and I have evidence.
"If they have come out to publish something without my consent, I'm the one who have to defend it all and at least I can offer and provide evidence that this man actually threatened me. If he doesn't want to heal me I don't know what wrong I did to him.
"He has to be able to tell the whole world why he said I will die. What I did in 2014 other than say I don't want to continue in this relationship and that I want to leave the church. I don't think that's a crime."
On why her uncle and cousin are using her e-mail account, Ms. Esther said they know everything about her because they had been taking care of her since her illness.
"The evidence is in the text message. Johnson Suleman is too smart to call me on phone to say all those things because he knows his voice can be recorded. But since the evidence he wrote it in a text message and sent to me, times without number, I can only quote from the text message, sent directly from his number."
Two hours after PREMIUM TIMES' request for a text message evidence, Ms. Esther called back to say, "The text messages are on my old phone and we have taken it to a repairer," a contradiction of her earlier e-mail claim that the messages disappeared mysteriously.
"We are going to court on the matter and we'll provide our evidence in court," she said.
Finding Queen Esther
On Sunday, Ms. Esther had turned down PREMIUM TIMES' request to produce her photograph - or her real identity - saying she wanted to first get the support of the Kaduna State government, to protect her from possible attacks from Mr. Suleman.
On Monday, a caller who claimed to be Ms. Esther's cousin, called to lambast PREMIUM TIMES over its report on the incident.
"You people have made a mess of the case we are even trying to package out," said the cousin who didn't reveal her name.
"Even if the Kaduna State government said they are not getting involved in the matter, why did you have to write it in the whole thing? Why not put the whole story out and exempt the government?
"Obviously, we forwarded a message to PREMIUM TIMES, why do you people have to take it to the public that the state government is getting involved or not getting involved? Why not just write the story and exempt the government? Now you are making it look as if the government has a hand in the story."
Although the two callers' voices - Ms. Esther's and her cousin - sounded alike, PREMIUM TIMES could not verify if they were the same person.
But a Facebook search with the latter's phone number threw up an account linked to the former's e-mail address.
And the Facebook account's owner, with profile name YahwehYesha Ace, was repeatedly referred to as 'Queen' or Evangelist Queen by her friends.
Her Facebook URL suggested she was formerly known as Evangelist Queen before changed her name to YahwehYesha Ace on the social media platform.
She described herself as an evangelist/preacher at Omega Love Ministry.
If the owner of the account was sick, it didn't reflect in her wall posts - between November and December last year she mounted a vigorous campaign for Donald Trump in the run-up to the US presidential election, mocked Mr. Suleman for his false prediction of the election's outcome, and warned people to stay away from MMM.
In fact, on December 31, 2016, she wrote, "Naturally I am so full of sunshine that the whole darkness in the world can't keep me gloomy or moody for at least five minutes."
Further investigation showed that Ms. Esther's other phone number is linked to an account that had been disabled by Facebook because she "created or posted something that violated Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities."
According to Facebook, acts not allowed on the medium include
- Uploading content that is sexually suggestive or contains nudity - Sending messages containing sexually explicit language - Repeatedly sending friend requests or messages to people who don't know you.
It is unclear which of the rules Ms. Esther violated.
A check on Truecaller showed that while Ms. Esther's number showed her name as 'Esther Ehel,' that of her so-called cousin's revealed 'Queen Owerri.'
When PREMIUM TIMES confronted Mr. Esther with its findings so far, she threatened to sue the website if those details and her photographs were made public.
She also swore never to talk to this medium again.
But she later sent a text message, saying, "I am a very busy lady. I have my image to protect as a servant of God. I can't be embroiled in Johnson's mess. He was wicked to me. I left the battle for Yahweh since then."
In an e-mail sent by her uncle, he said the lady's ailing condition is the reason she was not making public appearances.
"My niece didn't receive any dime on her sick bed to come and blackmail apostle, but since her pleas to apostle's father to talk his son into releasing her from his bondage, the press and the public has become her last resort," he said, using the same e-mail address.
"Very soon we shall invite all the Christian religious bodies into this matter. This is reality, but apostle has proven arrogant and stubborn over the issue of restoring my niece.
"Now we have no option to than to begin this fight for her life this way, if he still continues to deny, we would have to take a trip to the courts for redress, for we have the evidence to prove that she was a member of his church, and her current ailment began immediately she ended their relationship, left the church and received threats to her life and success from Apostle Johnson Suleman."