Home Security Terrorists Reject N155m Ransom for 176 Kwara Abductees
Security

Terrorists Reject N155m Ransom for 176 Kwara Abductees

Share
Share

Terrorists Reject N155m Ransom for 176 Kwara Abductees

Families of 176 residents abducted from Woro community in Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State have appealed to the Federal Government, the state government and security agencies to step up efforts to rescue their loved ones.

The victims have remained in captivity for nearly six months, with their families saying more than N155 million was raised as ransom for their release, but the terrorists reportedly rejected the money.

Dr Abdul Ibrahim, who spoke on behalf of the affected families and residents on Thursday night, said the funds were raised through community donations, personal savings and the sale of valuables.

He said the families had tried several means to secure the victims’ freedom, including negotiations with the abductors and public protests, but their efforts had yet to yield any result.

“We have done all we can, but there is no progress,” Ibrahim said.

He explained that the abductors told the community that because some of the victims were from Kwara and Niger states, the two governments should work together to address the situation. He added that the terrorists had refused to negotiate directly with the families.

Ibrahim said the rejection of the money had further dashed the families’ hopes of resolving the crisis through negotiations.

He also alleged that the abductors had issued fresh threats against some of the captives, including threats to kill some victims. He further claimed that some of the female abductees were being forced into marriage.

The alleged threats, he said, had increased the anxiety among relatives who have been waiting for the return of their loved ones since the abduction.

Ibrahim appealed to security agencies to launch a sustained operation to rescue the victims. He said the recent rescue of abducted persons in neighbouring Oyo State had renewed the families’ hope that those being held in Kaiama could also be freed.

However, the National President of the Kaiama Development Association said no ransom had been paid, adding that negotiations with the abductors were still ongoing.

The Village Head, Alhaji Salihu Umar Bio, also confirmed that the community had made efforts to raise funds towards the release of the victims.

He said the terrorists had maintained since the incident on February 3, 2026, that they wanted to engage directly with the government.

With the victims still in captivity and negotiations yet to produce a breakthrough, the affected families are urging the authorities to take urgent action to secure their release.

For relatives who have spent months waiting for their loved ones to return home, the continued captivity has left them facing growing fear and uncertainty over the safety of the 176 abductees.

About The Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LATEST POST

Africa

Africa’s Talking Drum: The Secret That Kept the Owl Awake at Night

By: Chioma Madonna Ndukwu Africa’s Talking Drum: The Secret That Kept the Owl Awake at Night “Why are you still awake?” Owl opened...

ConflictInternational

Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran, Threatens Allies With Punishment

Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran, Threatens Allies With Punishment US President Donald Trump has announced a major escalation of economic pressure on...

Sport

Manchester United Set Sights on New Left-Back After £65m Baleba Move

Manchester United Set Sights on New Left-Back After £65m Baleba Move Manchester United appear to be putting the finishing touches on their £65...

Religion

Onaiyekan Hits Back at Presidency: Nobody Can Embarrass Me at 82

Onaiyekan Hits Back at Presidency: Nobody Can Embarrass Me at 82 Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Catholic Archbishop Emeritus of Abuja, has hit back at...

ReligionTech

VIDEO: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome showcases new Tsion electric vehicle models

VIDEO: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome showcases new Tsion electric vehicle models Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, founder of LoveWorld Incorporated, has unveiled a collection of electric...

AfricaInternationalPolitics

Tinubu Moves to Delay Release of US Records on Drug Allegations

Tinubu Moves to Delay Release of US Records on Drug Allegations President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has joined the US Department of Justice in...

Sport

Bayern Munich Midfielder Opens Up On Neurological Disorder After Latest Collapse

Bayern Munich Midfielder Opens Up On Neurological Disorder After Latest Collapse Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has broken his silence about his health...

Africa

Africa’s Talking Drum: Why The Elephant Walks Slowly

By: Chioma Madonna Ndukwu Africa’s Talking Drum: Why The Elephant  Walks Slowly Long before the animals learned to respect the wisdom of age,...

Tech

Meta Faces Landmark Trial Over Alleged Harm to Children on Facebook and Instagram

Meta Faces Landmark Trial Over Alleged Harm to Children on Facebook and Instagram Meta Platforms is facing one of its most significant legal...

AfricaPolitics

Zambia President Wins Second Term, Promises Millions of Jobs

Zambia President Wins Second Term, Promises Millions of Jobs Zambia’s President Hakainde Hichilema has secured a second five-year term after winning 60 per...

AfricaConflictInternational

Tinubu Drug Records: US Court Sets August 21 Deadline for Release

Tinubu Drug Records: US Court Sets August 21 Deadline for Release A United States federal judge, Beryl Howell, has given US Attorney Jeanine...

Related Articles

Jezco Boss Abducted: Kidnappers Raise Ransom Demand to N1.5bn

Jezco Boss Abducted: Kidnappers Raise Ransom Demand to N1.5bn Kidnappers holding Anambra...

“N50m Was Paid”: Family Opens Up on Kebbi Judge’s Release

“N50m Was Paid”: Family Opens Up on Kebbi Judge’s Release Eight days...

“The Bubble Is About to Burst’ — Oyedepo Sends Strong Warning to Tinubu

‘The Bubble Is About to Burst’ — Oyedepo Sends Strong Warning to...

Seminarian, Worshippers Abducted as Gunmen Attack Enugu Catholic Church

Seminarian, Worshippers Abducted as Gunmen Attack Enugu Catholic Church A Sunday worship...