Home Security Father, Two Sons Among Victims as Bandits Unleash Terror in Sokoto Village
Security

Father, Two Sons Among Victims as Bandits Unleash Terror in Sokoto Village

Share
Share

Father, Two Sons Among Victims as Bandits Unleash Terror in Sokoto Village

A deadly overnight assault by suspected bandits has left a trail of destruction in Lajinge village, Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State, with a father and his two sons among the victims of the attack.

Residents said the gunmen stormed the community late on Saturday night and operated until the early hours of Sunday, killing villagers, burning homes, rustling livestock and abducting several residents.

Community sources said at least 12 people lost their lives during the raid. Eleven were reportedly shot dead, while a woman identified as Agada died after collapsing from the shock of the attack.

Witnesses said six people were trapped inside a house after taking refuge from the attackers.

According to residents, the gunmen ordered those inside to come out, and when they refused, the building was set ablaze. Anyone who attempted to escape was reportedly shot.

Those killed in the fire included Mallam Wauro, popularly known as Mallam Roro, his sons Ukasha and Mujaheed, two relatives identified as Sufyanu and Sani Shanbami, and an internally displaced person who had been staying in the house.

Another resident, Lawwali, was reportedly shot dead while trying to flee the compound, while several other villagers were killed in different parts of the community as they attempted to escape the violence.

A member of the local vigilante group said residents were on patrol near the village primary school when the attack began.

“We suddenly heard heavy gunfire and had to run for safety. We kept moving from one hiding place to another as the attackers advanced,” the resident said.

Villagers said the bandits later moved freely through the community, stealing cattle and sheep from multiple households before abducting several people, including Mallam Wauro’s two wives.

Although many residents were reportedly taken away, villagers said some abductees, particularly children, were later released, making it difficult to immediately determine the exact number of people still in captivity.

The attack has sparked anger among residents, who said the assault lasted for several hours without any security intervention despite repeated distress calls.

They alleged that security personnel stationed in nearby communities failed to respond.

Community leaders said they had repeatedly appealed for stronger security deployment in the area following previous attacks, including one about three weeks ago in which several residents were reportedly killed.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the Sokoto State Police Command, DSP Ahmad Rufai, said he had not yet received details of the incident and would verify the report.

No further official update had been issued as of the time of filing this report.

About The Author

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LATEST POST

EntertainmentInternational

Nigerian-American Beauty Queen Crowned Miss Grand USA After Original Winner’s Removal

Nigerian-American Beauty Queen Crowned Miss Grand USA After Original Winner’s Removal Nigerian-American beauty queen Victoria Oluwakotanmi has been named Miss Grand USA 2026...

Africa

EFCC Lifts Freeze on Osun Accounts After Tinubu’s Directive

EFCC Lifts Freeze on Osun Accounts After Tinubu’s Directive The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has lifted the restriction on the Osun State...

AfricaInternational

US FBI Explains Why Tinubu’s Alleged Drug Investigation Records Remain Withheld

US FBI Explains Why Tinubu’s Alleged Drug Investigation Records Remain Withheld The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has asked a federal court...

AfricaHealth

Alimosho General Hospital takes preventive healthcare to Ikotun Market

Alimosho General Hospital takes preventive healthcare to Ikotun Market Alimosho General Hospital, Igando, has offered a comprehensive medical outreach to traders at the...

AfricaHealthNews

Imo Set for First Robotic Surgery as Specialist Hospital Breaks New Ground

Imo Set for First Robotic Surgery as Specialist Hospital Breaks New Ground Imo State is set to make a major breakthrough in healthcare...

ConflictInternational

Tupac Murder Trial Puts Diddy Under Fresh Spotlight as Keffe D Faces Court

Tupac Murder Trial Puts Diddy Under Fresh Spotlight as Keffe D Faces Court Sean “Diddy” Combs has come under renewed scrutiny over the...

EntertainmentInternationalReligion

Gospel Music Veteran Asu Ekiye Reveals 28-Year Marriage Has Ended

Gospel Music Veteran Asu Ekiye Reveals 28-Year Marriage Has Ended Nigerian gospel music veteran, Asu Ekiye, has disclosed that his 28-year marriage to...

AfricaInternationalSecurity

UK Issues Fresh Nigeria Travel Alert, Restricts Visits to 21 Areas

UK Issues Fresh Nigeria Travel Alert, Restricts Visits to 21 Areas The United Kingdom has updated its travel advice for Nigeria, warning British...

EntertainmentInternational

OnlyFans Star Scarlet Vas Announces Second Baby With Stepbrother-Turned-Husband

OnlyFans Star Scarlet Vas Announces Second Baby With Stepbrother-Turned-Husband OnlyFans creator and former Neighbours actress Scarlet Vas has announced that she and her...

Africa

Africa’s Talking Drum: The Secret That Kept the Owl Awake at Night

By: Chioma Madonna Ndukwu Africa’s Talking Drum: The Secret That Kept the Owl Awake at Night “Why are you still awake?” Owl opened...

ConflictInternational

Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran, Threatens Allies With Punishment

Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran, Threatens Allies With Punishment US President Donald Trump has announced a major escalation of economic pressure on...

Related Articles

UK Issues Fresh Nigeria Travel Alert, Restricts Visits to 21 Areas

UK Issues Fresh Nigeria Travel Alert, Restricts Visits to 21 Areas The...

Jezco Boss Abducted: Kidnappers Raise Ransom Demand to N1.5bn

Jezco Boss Abducted: Kidnappers Raise Ransom Demand to N1.5bn Kidnappers holding Anambra...

“N50m Was Paid”: Family Opens Up on Kebbi Judge’s Release

“N50m Was Paid”: Family Opens Up on Kebbi Judge’s Release Eight days...

“The Bubble Is About to Burst’ — Oyedepo Sends Strong Warning to Tinubu

‘The Bubble Is About to Burst’ — Oyedepo Sends Strong Warning to...